The Red Rock Rambler Sling Pack is one of the coolest sling pack designs we have seen. Designed for versatility and for maximum utility, this pack allows easy access to survival gear or you concealed weapon, WITHOUT removing the pack!
The single shoulder design allows faster on-and-off, particularly over your LBV (Load Bearing Vest) or body armor and is superior to normal packs in terms of balance and comfort when using a single strap. The Rambler can also be worn in front where the contents can be comfortably accessed even while sitting down.
The built in water bottle pocket is sized to fit a 32oz Nalgene bottle and you'll also find space for your favorite 100oz hydration reservoir. This Red Rock pack also includes theft deterrent devices built-in to capture zipper pulls. For attaching additional accessories, this sling pack has MOLLE straps. Its top and side handles make it easier to carry both vertically and horizontally.
- Single shoulder backpack designed to maximize utility when rotated towards front of body
- Main compartment: 15” high x 8”wide x 4” thick with internal organization
- Top front: 4.5" high x 7.5"wide x 2" thick with internal organization
- Bottom front: 8.5" high x 8" wide x 2" thick with internal organization
- Approximate Capacity: 600+ cu. in.
- Main compartment and hydration compartment can accept CCW accessories
- Shoulder strap designed to go over left shoulder for better weapon shouldering
- Bag can be worn in front and contents comfortably accessed while sitting down
- Water bottle pocket sized to fit 32oz Nalgene bottle
- Compatible with 100oz hydration reservoir
- Theft deterrent devices built-in to capture zipper pulls
- MOLLE straps throughout to for attaching accessories
- Top and side handles
Compare to Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger
- Review by true gear
Bag lasted 3 days. Second time I have bought a bag through Red Rock. I called and what depressed me was I asked if anybody with military experience worked for the company and they said no. The owner is about chasing the cheapest dollar in China. Just an embarrassment down the board. I don't mind cheap, but I might as well just by directly from China. At least those people might have some standards.
*** DealSergeant.com - Note ***
DealSergeant.com does employee military personnel (Army reserve), and we strive to find products that are well suited for military, law enforcement and recreational customers. We stock a variety of brands that vary in cost, quality and country of origin. Furthermore, we have a 30 day no hassle return policy in case customers are unsatisfied with any product. (Posted on 1/9/14)
- Review by Tim
- I have had this pack for a while now, and it has been nothing other than exactly what I've needed it to be. I have used it for hiking, camping, fishing, and bicycling and it has held up through all of it. I love how comfortable it is and how easy it is to swing it to my front and access all the pockets/pouches. The MOLLE straps make it easy to attach other pouches and accessories/tolls/knives. The fact it accepts a 100 oz. water bladder and will carry a Nalgene bottle as well makes it great for hot weather use. I always rave about this pack to my friends and recommend it to anyone. (Posted on 12/22/13)
- Review by LG
- Stitching looks tight, decent materials, excellent overall design. Perfect for duck hunting and fishing for reasons obvious and also because the bag rests high on the back and the sling around access is like having some kind of awesome chest bag when you need it. Pair it with one of those collapsible ammo dump pouches and then you have an out of the bag receptacle for shells and trash. Next attachment is going to be a shottie scabbard. The Y strap is nice for lashing on shed layers as the day changes. (Posted on 11/25/13)
- Review by Charlie
- This pack is great. My last 2 strap everyday back pack was ripping and I've been looking for awhile. I particularly wanted a single strap. This meets all my needs. Perfect for a tablet, some gym clothes and other work gear I use during the day. It feels very secure when I'm wearing it, and I can run with it on and not feel everything flying around. Just perfect. (Posted on 5/23/13)
- Review by Chris
- It's the right size to carry everything I need and more. DS is also the only site that carries it in black, which is a plus. The MOLLE all over this thing is a major advantage and all the little things which you can hang gear off of are great. Water bottle holster fits each of my containers, and I could easily hang more of them if needed via some carabiners for longer excursions. I have no complaints, and nothing but praise for DealSergeant for this amazing deal. Telling all of my friends who are in the market for a sling pack! Thank you! (Posted on 4/4/13)
- Review by Todd
- I was tired of carrying my regular backpack when flying. It was bigger but everything just got jumbled up together. This is perfect for carrying personal items and my tablet computer. Lots of compartments within compartments. Very well made. Highly recommend. (Posted on 3/6/13)
- Review by Phantom
This bag is a 95% copy of Maxpeditons 'Sitka', at 30% of the cost!
Haven't had time to kit it out or use it yet but did stuff it full, at least I thought I did at first, with clothing to see how much it holds. A lot! It can pack more in it than actually would be comfortable to carry if it where heavy stuff.
Which is had Velcro panels inside like the 'original' for ability to install holster for CCW. But it should be easy to yourself.
Best bang for your buck, especially now with Dealsargents super low price! (Posted on 2/24/13)
- Review by valuehunterPR
- This is a great pack that is loaded with manly/military/black ops style. Every other sling pack in this size and price range out there is loaded with: "I feel like a woman". That's great if you're a lady. This pack is made for regular loads not the very heavy kind. If you need higher weight capacity, keep searching and pay more. This pack looks SO cool that I'll be adding the olive drab colored one soon to the black one I got! Highly recommended product! (Posted on 1/19/13)
- Review by FattyB
Great size for everyday carry bag, lots of capacity. Appears to be well made and I have not had trouble with it holding my stuff. I suspect that daily use and heavy loads could cause some of the problems mentioned, but with reasonable loads I do not expect any trouble. Looks Great in Olive Drab color!
Extremely comfortable...best sling bag I have ever owned. (Posted on 10/25/12)
- Review by dave-o
- Recently picked this up as an EDC bag. Lots of room and well-constructed. It's not a Maxpedition Sitka, but it's damn close and a third of the price! Other than the lack of "big-name" fasteners, I see no shortcuts on build or features...and best price was dealsergeant. (Posted on 9/17/12)
- Review by val77
- Quality bag for the price, especially the price here on dealseargent.com. Wish the water bottle pocket was a little larger to accommodate a 32 oz nalgene and a my stainless steel cup, (it could probably be stuffed in their but I didn't want to test the integrity of the pocket), but a 27 oz klean kanteen fits just right. Perfect bag for hunting day trips or even over nighters when you can go minimalist. Great deal. (Posted on 8/29/12)
- Review by John
- Nice bag, great design, comfortable. Compared to the Maxpedition equivalent it's a good buy. After one use as a bike backpack, however, the anchor seam for the sling support strap gave way, and because it was needed for a planned trip I did not return it and made the repair myself with a sewing awl. (Posted on 7/18/12)
- Review by smithm36
- This bag is wonderful! It's just the right size, not too bulky but still plenty of room for everything you need. It's great for traveling, especially flying. . . you can keep any items you want handy like passports nearby with easy access. It's very comfortable. Also great for hikes and it is hydration compatible which is awesome. (Posted on 7/6/12)
- Review by ++
- Its not a bad bag i thought it would be a little bit larger then it is but it holds a 15" lap top nicely, and a double stacked 45 APC, with no problems. My only complaint about it is the secondary strap on it ripped off after 2 weeks of use could have been stitched together a little bit better. (Posted on 5/22/12)
- Review by Gizmo
- Knowing this bag is similar to the Maxpedition Sitka, but at a lower price I felt I could give it a go. I wanted a sling style bag that I could use for every day use and also when I go biking, since I recently picked up a Nalgene 32oz bottle this seemed logical for that reason alone. I had only heard of Red Rock from seeing the smaller Rover in a surplus shop and checked out how well it was sewn together and decided to give this bag a go. So far i'm satisfied with it for the price, a few things different from the Maxpedition version, but nothing that is a total deal breaker. The only thing i would've liked would've been a Velcro spot on the front like found on the Maxpedition bag. (Posted on 5/5/12)